At Rise & Shine™, our philosophy underpins everything we do:
- We believe in children’s capacity to succeed and think they are capable and confident learners. We provide experiences that challenge children and create a sense of wonder, exploration and learning every day.
- We recognise that families are children’s first and most influential teachers. Families are encouraged to become meaningfully involved in our centres through participation in social events, programs and shared decision making.
- We are passionate about teaching children about sustainability and environmental awareness. We take an active role in caring for our environment and teaching children about respect for their planet.
- We make curriculum decisions that promote inclusion and participation of all children and help them to respect and appreciate their differences. Our programs reflect the cultures of those families who use our service, the local community, as well as Australia’s culture, past and present.
- Our programs and centre operations are reflective of the Early Years Learning Framework, the National Quality Framework, and The Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations.
- Our Shine Advantage™ curriculum allows our educators to promote children’s development holistically. This program supports our crew in offering your child the best start to their educational journey.
- Our centre environments, programs and resources reflect modern classrooms. We use the latest technologies such as the Promethean LED ActivPanel® educational board and educator software ActivInspire, which is used widely in schools across Australia. These technologies allow children to seamlessly adapt to the future, with a smooth transition and head start in school.
- We value the environment as the third teacher. We incorporate natural materials such as timber, plants, soft furnishings and lighting, which all help to create a warm, home-like environment. Our outdoor spaces are natural and teach children to appreciate the beauty of nature.
- We believe it is our role as educators to teach children respect: respect for each other, respect for themselves and respect for their environment. In order to teach respect we must show them respect as good role-models.
- We value children’s voices and these help guide our curriculum, routines and environments.
- Quality, consistent educators are important and should be greatly valued. Everyone in our crew contributes to decisions, every opinion matters and everyone feels important and valued in their roles.
- Early childhood education should be fun. If we are having fun, the children are having fun too!